Thursday, October 8, 2009

Birthday Shooting



I just got an amazing new lens and had the perfect opportunity to take it for a test drive!


I got this Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lens and rented the 2X extender, making it a 400 mm lens.  Well, technically more like a 640 mm lens with the Canon 30D that I shoot with.


I decided to try the lens out at the recent Presidents Cup Matches at Harding Park in San Francisco.  For those non-golfers of you out there (imagine that on a food/photography related blog) the Presidents Cup is a competition between the 12 best US golfers against the 12 best International (minus Europe) golfers in a match play format.  It is very much the same competition as the Ryder Cup where the US competes against Europe.


As I knew I would not be able to bring in camera gear on the competition days without press credentials, I decided to go on the first practice day (did I mention it also happened to be my birthday?).


It turned out to be the best weather of the entire competition and a whole lot of fun!


Here are a few of my favorite shots:








No comments:

Post a Comment