Monday, March 26, 2012

photoshoot with Relic Wines and serendipitous timing...



A while back I did a photo shoot with the fine folks at Relic Wines.  


I first met Mike Hirby and Shatzi Throckmorton (the proprietors of the winery) when we had the chance to collaborate on a winemaker dinner for one of my clients a couple years ago. 


Recently they were looking to update their website with new images and I was looking for subjects to shoot.  We decided to make a trade...I would provide them with the images and they would provide me with their wine.  If you have had their wine (and if not you NEED to) you will realize that I made out on the deal!


Soon after the shoot they were contacted by Wine Spectator who indicated they were working on a piece about Rhône style wines and asked if they had a photo of Mike (the winemaker)...great timing, indeed.


Here is the shot that ran with the article in the March issue. 





You can see a few of the other shots I took on their website here.  And here is a shot of Schatzi from the same day...



My first on page photo credit! (albeit dwarfed by peppercorns)


1 comment: