Wednesday, March 21, 2012

nowhere to hide

When you put just a few ingredients on a plate they better be good...




This is a dish that is a work-in-progress and will likely take many forms this spring but is based firmly on my favorite new-to-me ingredient.  A couple of weeks ago at the farmers market I decided to try this clabbered cottage cheese from the great cowgirl creamery.  WOW!  (mind you, I haven't eaten cottage cheese since I was a toddler)


It cannot get much simpler...I just roasted the asparagus in olive oil and topped it with a mixture of the cottage cheese, great olive oil (this one from soul food farms...yum!), a chiffonade of sorrel and some fresh ground pepper.  There was already enough salt in the cheese.  Sorrel can be hard to find, but if you plant it in your garden it is hard to make it NOT grow...and I love the vibrant lemony zing it provides!


Fava beans are just about here, so I'm thinking a few of those and a sprinkling of some crisp-ity chruch-ity sourdough breadcrumbs will send this one over the top.





3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for ways to cook asparagus for my family. Cannot wait to try this! looks simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, and I've got more sorrel than I can possibly use...let me know if you want some...

      Delete
  2. Its an other recipe that I want to learn now and Thanks for the idea. God Bless!

    personal chef in austin tx

    ReplyDelete